Magazine Terms & Conditions
Zowedo Magazine is an online blog that provides posts and articles, mainly dedicated to personal services.
APPLICATION OF TERMS
These Terms apply to your use of the Website. By accessing and using the Website:
- you agree to these Terms; and
- where your access and use is on behalf of another person (e.g. a company), you confirm that you are authorised to, and do in fact, agree to these Terms on that person’s behalf and that, by agreeing to these Terms on that person’s behalf, that person is bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you are not authorised to access and use the Website, and you must immediately stop doing so.
We may change these Terms at any time by updating them on the Website. Unless stated otherwise, any change takes effect immediately. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest Terms. By continuing to access and use the Website, you agree to be bound by the changed Terms. We may change, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, the Website without notice or liability. These Terms were last updated on March 16, 2018.
In these Terms:
- including and similar words do not imply any limit
- Loss includes loss of profits, savings, revenue or data, and any other claim, damage, loss, liability and cost, including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis
- personal information means information about an identifiable, living person
- Underlying System means any network, system, software, data or material that underlies or is connected to the Website ▲ User ID means a unique name and/or password allocated to you to allow you to access certain parts of the Website We, us or our mean Zowedo Private Limited Website or Platform mean https://magazine.zowedo.com/ You means you or, if it applies, both you and the other person on whose behalf you are acting.
You must provide true, current and complete information in your dealings with us (including when setting up an account), and must promptly update that information as required so that the information remains true, current and complete. If you are given a User ID, you must keep your User ID secure and:
- not permit any other person to use your User ID, including not disclosing or providing it to any other person; and
- immediately notify us if you become aware of any disclosure or unauthorised use of your User ID, by sending an email to email@example.com
- not act in a way, or use or introduce anything (including any virus, worm, Trojan horse, timebomb, keystroke logger, spyware or other similar feature) that in any way compromises, or may compromise, the Website or any Underlying System, or otherwise attempt to damage or interfere with the Website or any Underlying System; and
- unless with our agreement, access the Website via standard web browsers only and not by any other method. Other methods include scraping, deep-linking, harvesting, data mining, use of a robot or spider, automation, or any similar data gathering, extraction or monitoring method.
- You must indemnify us against all Loss we suffer or incur as a direct or indirect result of your failure to comply with these Terms, including any failure of a person who accesses and uses our Website by using your User ID.
- If you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in your country, you are not allowed to create an account and may only use the Services under the company or supervision of a parent or legal guardian, under such person’s Account and otherwise subject to these Terms.
- Additional terms: When using the Platform and/or Service, you will be subject to any additional guidelines or rules applicable to specific products, services or features which may be posted from time to time in the Frequently Asked Questions section (“FAQs”). All such FAQs are hereby incorporated by reference into these Terms. In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between these Terms and the FAQs, these Terms shall prevail. Should you have any questions, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FEEDBACKS AND USER CONTENT
You may write a free-text review on our website. By posting your review on the website, you grant us an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, publish, list information regarding, remove, translate, distribute, publicly perform or display, and make derivative works of your rating and/or review in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereinafter developed for any purposes, including for the purpose of marketing and promoting Zowedo and the Platform and/or Service in any media formats and through any media channels, without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
We may, in our sole and absolute discretion, choose to monitor, review or remove your review if we think your review has violated these Terms.
If you provide us with any comments, bug reports, feedback, or modifications proposed or suggested by you to the Platform and/or Service (“Feedback”), we have the right to use such Feedback in our sole and absolute discretion.
You grant us an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to incorporate and use your Feedback for any purposes.
If you provide us with other form of user content, whether in textual, audio and/or visual form, including submission of entries for competitions and promotions, such user content remains your property. However, by providing user content to us, you grant us an irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, remove, translate, distribute, publicly perform or display, and make derivative works of your user content in whole or in part, in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereinafter developed for any purposes, including for the purpose of marketing and promoting Zowedo and the Platform and/or Service in any media formats and through any media channels, without further notice to or consent from you, and without the requirement of payment to you or any other person or entity.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you either are the sole and exclusive owner of all user content or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant us the license to the user content as set forth above; and (ii) neither the user content nor your submission, uploading, publishing or otherwise making available of such user content nor our use of the user content as permitted herein will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
You agree to not provide user content that is defamatory, libelous, hateful, violent, obscene, pornographic, unlawful, or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole and absolute discretion, whether or not such material may be protected by law.
We may, but shall not be obligated to, review, monitor, or remove user content, in our sole and absolute discretion and at any time and for any reason, without notice to you or liability to us.
We may decide to block or cancel your account if you infringe these terms.
COMMUNICATION FROM ZOWEDO
By signing up with Zowedo or sharing your email with us, you agree to receive certain email and other communications in connection with Zowedo’s service offering. For example, you will receive our e-mail newsletter from time to time. You can opt-out from receiving our e-mail newsletter by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the e-mail.
We (and our licensors) own all proprietary and intellectual property rights in the Website (including all information, data, text, graphics, artwork, photographs, logos, icons, sound recordings, videos and look and feel), and the Underlying Systems. The terms « Zowedo », « Live life doing » and our logo is our trademarks, trade names and service marks.
Without our prior written permission, and except as solely enabled by any link as provided by us, you agree not to display or use in any manner the marks « Zowedo », « Live life doing » and our logo.
All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, product names and logos contained herein that are not owned by, licensed to or controlled by us are used in an editorial fashion only, and to the benefit of respective owners, with no intention of trademark infringement.
To the extent permitted by law, we and our licensors have no liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any Loss in connection with:
- the Website being unavailable (in whole or in part) or performing slowly;
- any error in, or omission from, any information made available through the Website;
- any exposure to viruses or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system or expose you to fraud when you access or use the Website. To avoid doubt, you are responsible for ensuring the process by which you access and use the Website protects you from this; and
- any site linked from the Website. Any link on the Website to other sites does not imply any endorsement, approval or recommendation of, or responsibility for, those sites or their contents, operations, products or operators.
- we make no representation or warranty that the Website is appropriate or available for use in all countries or that the content satisfies the laws of all countries. You are responsible for ensuring that your access to and use of the Website is not illegal or prohibited, and for your own compliance with applicable local laws.
To the maximum extent permitted by law:
- you access and use the Website at your own risk; and
- we are not liable or responsible to you or any other person for any Loss under or in connection with these Terms, the Website, or your access and use of (or inability to access or use) the Website. This exclusion applies regardless of whether our liability or responsibility arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise. Except to the extent permitted by law, nothing in these Terms has the effect of contracting out of the Singapore Unfair Contract Terms Act 1994 or any other consumer protection law that cannot be excluded. To the extent permitted by law, our liability cannot be excluded but can be limited, our liability is limited to SGD 100. To the maximum extent permitted by law and only to the extent clauses 8.1 and 8.2 of these Terms do not apply, our total liability to you under or in connection with these Terms, or in connection with the Website, or your access and use of (or inability to access or use) the Website, must not exceed SGD100.
You are not required to provide personal information to us, although in some cases if you choose not to do so then we will be unable to make certain sections of the Website available to you. For example, we may need to have your contact information in order to provide you with updates from our Website.
When you provide personal information to us, we will comply with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
The personal information you provide to us (including any information provided if you register for an account) is collected and may be used for communicating with you, statistical analysis, the marketing by us of products and services to you, credit checks (if necessary), and research and development.
We use the technical information we collect to have a better understanding of the way people use our Website, to improve the way it works and to personalise it to be more relevant and useful to your particular needs. We may also use this information to assist in making any advertising we display on the Website more personalised and applicable to your interests.
Generally, we do not disclose personal information to third parties for them to use for their own purposes. However, some of the circumstances in which we may do this are:
- to service providers and other persons working with us to make the Website available or improve or develop its functionality (e.g. we may use a third party supplier to host the Website);
- in relation to the proposed purchase or acquisition of our business or assets; or
- where required by applicable law or any court, or in response to a legitimate request by a law enforcement agency. Any personal information you provide to us may be stored on the secure servers of our trusted service providers, which may be located outside Singapore. This may involve the transfer of your personal information to countries which have less legal protection for personal information than Singapore.
You have the right to request access to and correction of any of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like to exercise these rights, please email us at email@example.com.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
Without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, if we consider that you have breached these Terms or we otherwise consider it appropriate, we may immediately, and without notice, suspend or terminate your access to the Website (or any part of it). On suspension or termination, you must immediately cease using the Website and must not attempt to gain further access.
If we need to contact you, we may do so by email or by posting a notice on the Website. You agree that this satisfies all legal requirements in relation to written communications.
These Terms, and any dispute relating to these Terms or the Website are governed by and must be interpreted in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in relation to any dispute connected with these Terms or the Website.
For us to waive a right under these Terms, the waiver must be in writing. Clauses which, by their nature, are intended to survive termination of these Terms continue in force.
If any part or provision of these Terms is or becomes illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, that part or provision is deemed to be modified to the extent required to remedy the illegality, unenforceability or invalidity. If a modification is not possible, the part or provision must be treated for all purposes as severed from these Terms.
The remainder of these Terms will be binding on you.
These Terms set out everything agreed by the parties relating to your use of the Website and supersede and cancel anything discussed, exchanged or agreed prior to you agreeing to these Terms. The parties have not relied on any representation, warranty or agreement relating to the Website that is not expressly set out in the Terms, and no such representation, warranty or agreement has any effect from the date you agreed to these Terms.