CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT
The term “personal data” means any information in our possession or control that relates directly or indirectly to an individual to the extent that the individual can be identified or is identifiable from that information such as name, address, telephone number, passport/identification card number, date of birth, email address, gender, race, bank details, credit/debit card details, etc. The types of personal data collected depend on the purpose(s) of collection. We may “process” your personal data by way of collecting, recording, holding, storing, using, disclosing and/or deleting it.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to market services proposed by vendors registered on our platform, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- to process payment that we owe you directly to your bank account
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- vendors registered on Zowedo platform which you have contacted or subscribed a service with
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside Singapore This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside Singapore. If you are a registered user, your username will be used to identify you when you use the Platform and/or Service. Your username may be displayed to other users when you submit your rating and/or review. We will not directly disclose or share your user email address and other information without your consent.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. All our employees, contractors and vendors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of your personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data. While we take reasonable and practical steps to protect your personal data, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access, unlawful interceptions or loss of personal data transmitted to or from Zowedo, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such personal data.
MANAGING NOTIFICATIONS AND MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
You have the right at any time to request us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for Marketing and Promotional Purposes. For this purpose you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also click on the “Unsubscribe” link embedded in the relevant marketing and promotional email in order not to receive any marketing and promotional email in the future. In your profile, you may decide to subscribe or unsubscribe to notifications and promotional communications. If you unsubscribe, we may still send you non-marketing and promotional communications, such as those about your Account, about the Platform and/or Service or our ongoing business relations.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates. In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction. If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information. You may correct, update or delete your personal data at any time by editing your profile on the “Profile Settings” page on Zowedo platform. However, please note that your personal data may be retained on our back-up systems for some time. In addition, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions as we keep track of these records.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
Any of your personal data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the personal data was collected continues; your personal data is then destroyed or anonymised from our records and back-up systems in accordance with our retention policy in the event your personal data is no longer required for the said purposes unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.